Student Intern (Financial Communications and Reporting) - Eagle Communications (Summer 2019)
This internship is offered through the FHSU/Dane G. Hansen Internship Program.
Eagle Communications is seeking a student intern (Financial Communications and Reporting) for Summer 2019. The student will work approximately 240 total hours for the internship. Eagle Communications and the student together will arrange a full-time or part-time work schedule. The start and end dates listed in this post are flexible.
The student intern will work at the employer’s place of business but will be paid through Fort Hays State University.
Eagle Communications, an employee-owned company operating 28 radio stations in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, and 59 cable systems in Kansas, Nebraska and Colorado, is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated Financial Communications and Reporting Intern to join our team in Hays. This is a unique internship that will allow the right person to learn and practice corporate accounting and finance.
The Financial Communications and Reporting Intern will work in Eagle’s Corporate Office in Hays preferably about 15 hours per week and will report to Eagle’s Chief Operating Officer.
• Compile and produce financial reports for weekly management meetings
• Generate financial reports for the Radio Division
• Create financial reports for the Broadband Division
• Assist with the creation of the quarterly ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) newsletter
• Involvement in all divisions of Eagle Communications – radio, broadband, TV, digital and corporate
• Student pursuing a degree in finance or accounting
• Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
• Proficient with MS Office Suite – especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• Professional appearance and ability to meet dress code per company handbook