Student Intern (Event Coordinator) - Developmental Services of Northwest Kansas (Summer 2019)
This internship is offered through the FHSU/Dane G. Hansen Internship Program.
Developmental Services of Northwest Kansas (DSNWK) is seeking a student intern for Summer 2019. The student will work approximately 240 total hours for the internship. DSNWK and the student together will arrange a full-time or part-time work schedule. The start and end dates listed in this post are flexible.
The student intern will work at the employer’s place of business but will be paid through Fort Hays State University.
The Event Coordinator Intern will work alongside the Director of Development to assist with special event coordination, as well as other public relations activities. The Event Coordinator Intern will be a part of the Development Department team and work cooperatively with members by supporting DSNWK’s fundraising and public relations efforts.
The internship will include the following projects, taking in to account the intern’s interests and capabilities:
- Planning and organizing details involved in coordinating the Esther McMurtrie Memorial Golf Tournament. Job tasks would include;
- Promotional activities necessary to publicize the event
- Contacting donors and sponsors
- Tracking teams
- Development of program marketing materials such as brochures, flyers, etc.
- Assisting with other public relations activities.
Learning outcomes and experience the intern can expect to receive:
● Experience with nonprofit public relations, marketing and event planning
● An understanding of social service organizations
● Use of Google Suite