Claims Intern - Summer 2019
Claims Intern – Summer 2019
Are you a talented college student looking to get your foot in the door in the insurance industry? If so, this summer 2019 opportunity could be a great fit for you!
What You’ll Do: As a Claims Intern, you will perform various claims and appraisal tasks. You will primarily be in charge of reviewing, evaluating, and analyzing documentation in relationship to material damage claims and total loss vehicles. You will also work with Casualty Claims Representatives and manage claim assignments for material damage. You will assist with managing and keeping track of losses during storm season and have the opportunity to manage rentals vehicles and assist in processing of claims.
Our internship program holds an 80/10/10 approach, meaning that 80% of your work time will involve performing tasks or working on projects within your hired work area. Another 10% of the time, you will be exposed to learning in other areas within your assigned division to get more corporate experience. Then, the final 10% will be spent in shared experiences across the organization, where you will get to really learn about our culture and work environment.
This opportunity is a great way for you to get your foot in the door and spend your summer gaining entry-level claims/insurance experience, as well as general corporate real-world exposure.
What It Takes to Join Our Team:
- Be a current college student at Fort Hays State University. Any major is accepted. Agricultural and/or business background is a plus.
- Participation in an Insurance Certificate program a plus.
- A quick learner who’s looking to learn new concepts and ideas, and able to learn basic understanding of property insurance policies.
- PC literate and able to effectively use our systems. Familiarity with Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel is preferred.
- Effective communicator, have excellent customer service skills, and be team focused.
- Must be detail oriented and willing to ask questions.
- Must be comfortable talking the telephone, as approximately 75% of your time will be spent on the phone.
- Be available to work at least 38.75 hours per week, either in our Manhattan or Great Bend Office, during the summer of 2019. (Additional hours may be required)
- Internship tentatively will run May 27-August 2. Start and end dates are flexible. Previously scheduled vacation plans will be taken into consideration.
If you're interested in getting your career started on the right track, if you want to join a company that appreciates people and provides growth and professional development opportunities, we invite you to apply today.
Farm Bureau....where the grass really IS greener!